Captive Portal can't redirect HSTS Session

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive Portal can't redirect HSTS Session

L0 Member

Hi All,

i want to ask you about HSTS Session,

i just installed Captive Portal with Transparent mode because Palo Alto run in Virtual Wire mode, but Captive Portal can't intercept https session.

based on article : Captive Portal Not Working with HTTPS Sessions i trying to decrypt the session. and the problem is when the session intercept web  with HSTS session,  the web shows the image as below and can't be intercepted to captive portal.

2018-04-24_16-44-47.png

is there a solution for HSTS session can be intercept via captive portal?

im sorry for my bad english:)

Thanks,
RC

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Rama_Cahya,

It looks as though you haven't imported the certificate that you are using for decryption into the firefox trusted certificate store. When you setup SSL Decryption you need to import whatever cert you are using to perform the decryption so that the end-device actually trusts the certificate that the firewall generates. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!