Captive Portal - fail to redirect another page upon authenticated

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive Portal - fail to redirect another page upon authenticated

Not applicable

Hi All,

I just managed to configure Palto Alto PA-500 captive portal to work with windows 2003 radius server i.e integrate with Active Directory. Based from the event viewer and log stated inside palo alto, the session was shown authenticated but somehow, upon authenticated at the user captive portal page... it will still show captive portal page. Supposely, i key in website url i.e www.google.com > login page > key in credential and login successfully > instead of showing google.com, it will still re-display captive portal.

Any idea?

I just cross checked the captive portal, security rules and device uia on captive portal (device) from this forum documentation which is correct.

Just cross check inside this forum i.e i have similar problem like this person.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/1321#1321   Exactly, the same results and checking like this.

Thank you very much.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

It sounds like you may not have enabled user identification on the source zone. For each zone that you want to track user names on, you need to click the Enable User Identification box within the zone configuration.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

It sounds like you may not have enabled user identification on the source zone. For each zone that you want to track user names on, you need to click the Enable User Identification box within the zone configuration.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your replied. It works! Thank you very much.

At the same time, i would like to know is there any page or setup that we can view any current login live user threads for managing those authenticated users?

Once again, thanks for your replied.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!