Certificate issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Certificate issue

L4 Transporter
Hello Team,

I want to import certificate in firewall but facing issue.

below is the snapshot.
certificate extension is ".crt"
I have a below query regarding this:-

1 - Is paloalto support ".crt" format.
2 - is paloalto support ".cer" format.
3 - Is paloato support ".PFX" format.
4 - Is .crt and .pem format are same.

Any one can give me suggestion on this.

Joshan_Lakhani_0-1593009107357.jpeg

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@Joshan_Lakhani 

Please try to import a certificate from another browser definitely it will work.

For example - try with Mozilla Firefox or IE.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L2 Linker

You can typically upload .cer and .crt certificates to the PAN firewall as .pem format. Sometimes depending on your external CA, you may need to import your intermediate root CA certificate to the firewall and import the signed certificate as a child of the intermediate root CA certificate. PAN firewalls support .cert & .crt as long as they are encoded as PEM. PAN firewalls also support .pfx format.

You can utilize openSSL to convert between one format to another. 

Reference1

Reference2

thank you reply

As iam not facing the issue with certificate  extension. when i import the certificate  in firewall it's will continuously upload and not generation the error or any thing  and still upload please suggest.

Joshan_Lakhani_0-1593026550946.jpeg

If you happen to have the Root CA and Intermediate Root CA certificates, can you try importing the certificates as child certificates in the top to bottom fashion. Or try installing it as a chained certificate.

iam having only one certificate CA . when i trying to import this certificate in firewall it's continuously uploading the certificate for endless time with no refusal or error\success message

Can i import the chain certification(3rd Part) to reslove this issue because when i try to import the certificate i continue uploading and never endless. So if i try to import chain certificate like in below link so is possible to resolve my issue please advice

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClkoCAC

It wouldn't hurt to try. 

thank for reply

As i tried in my CX end but same status can you please let me know if there is another option to resolve the 3rd party import certificate  in firewall. Please advice 

@Joshan_Lakhani 

Please try to import a certificate from another browser definitely it will work.

For example - try with Mozilla Firefox or IE.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!