Certificate trust error after updating Global protect client

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Certificate trust error after updating Global protect client

L4 Transporter

Folks.

I've finally managed to get approval to push out an update to the latest Global Protect client, but now when we connect, we get a certificate trust error. We are using a self-signed certificate for the portal.

I've applied the fix suggested in this Trusted root CA on Global Protect Portal post - but it hasn't helped.

Can anyone suggest other places I can look to fix this? Or do I need to bite the bullet and buy a proper certificate?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Did You add your Root CA cert on workstation into Trusted Root CA folder?

In my opinion it is nessasary to workstation are able to validate your certiciate.

Regards

Slawek

It's a self-signed certificate - there is no Root CA that I know of.

I'm buying a public certificate for the gateway - it's taking too much mucking around - but, as usual, PA's documentation on certificates is as confusing as hell, so I've given up trying to sort out the self-signed nonsense.

L4 Transporter

If You used OpenSSL to generate cert You had to generate root ca first

https://langui.sh/2009/01/18/openssl-self-signed-ca/

I can recomandate free ssl cert from StartSSL

about doc's - the most important thing is to "glue"  intermediate cert with your cert - the rest is intuitive

Regards

Slawek

I wish I'd known about StartSSL before I started mucking around with this.

No matter - the company has purchased a proper SSL certificate for the VPN portal, and all is well - except for the older client versions, which *still* complain about the certificate, forcing me to do a rather rushed upgrade. The current (1.2.7) client works just fine now, as does the portal page to download it from.

Cheers.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!