cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Chromebook usernames in Palo Alto logs.

L0 Member

Hi,

I was wanting to know if it is now possible to have the Palo Alto firewall log url traffic with the username from chromebooks.  It shows the username for all windows users as it syncs with AD, but can't get the chromebook users to show up.  I set Google to work with Cloud identity engine, thinking that might be a solution.  So far can't get them to show up in the logs by username.  IP address only.  Is this even possible?  If you are going to sell URL Filtering, seems you should be able to log users activity by username.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@dholmes,

When you setup CIE you still need to generate authentication events to map users properly. One way to get those events would be through an authentication policy. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @dholmes ,

User-ID and Chromebooks is a very common request.  Check out this URL -> https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClSNCA0#Chromebooks-and-Us....  You could use a Chrome plugin as described.  You could also use GlobalProtect with Internal Host Detection.  Or, you could use the Authentication Portal as @BPry mentioned.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

I looked at @BPry post.  I would need a little direction on how to set that up for CIE and Google.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!