Cisco to PA Access List Migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cisco to PA Access List Migration

L0 Member

Hello,

I am in process of prepping a Palo Alto 5050 to replace a Cisco FWSM. I am doing most of the configuation on the PA by hand, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to best go about importing over 5000 Cisco access list lines into the Palo Alto, short of entering each one by hand? I understand that once they are in there there will need to be a lot of changes because PA access lists are not exactly like Cisco's, but I just want to get them in there as is and start from that baseline.  

Thank you very much,

Mike

7 REPLIES 7

L2 Linker

Hello Mike,

Please refer to below link for questions related to firewall migration:

Firewall Migrations

Thank you, but I can't get in there:

"Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here."

This is my first post in this forum. I am a new customer.   Any direct links to resources to answer my question would be most helpful. Thank you.

Hello Sir,

To access migration tool community, you need permission. I would request you to contact your PAN SE to get permission for migration tool community.

Then you can download the tool in this community.

Thanks

Ok, thank you. I will attempt to go that route.

As an end-user I was denied access to the migration tools about six months ago.

the policy seems to be that only PA employees and certified partners can access and use the migration tools.

It would be nice if this would be reconsidered for end users at least on a case by case basis.  It seems to be that the more people that use the tools the better for PA.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Is this available to customers?  I get an "Unauthorized" error when I try the link.

These conversion tools are only available to partner companies not end-users.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!