Cisco VPN client windows supported by palo alto ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cisco VPN client windows supported by palo alto ?

Not applicable

Hello,

Can the Cisco IPSEC VPN Client (running on a laptop Windows 7 64 bits) be supported by Palo Alto?

I know it's possible to connect an IPAD/Iphone with the CISCO VPN Client, but is is also possible with a laptop ?

When I try it on a laptop Windows 7 64 bits, the connexion is OK, however once I am conected, I get a default route while I should get static routes. Primarily, I configured 2 static routes under the Global Protect profile. I tried the same VPN profile on an Iphone, the connexion was OK and so did the routes.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

The Cisco VPN client is not supported. If you can get it to work I am sure there are many users that would be interested to know what config you used.

Steve Krall

L6 Presenter

@alliance:

It is possible that IPSEC clients with the XAUTH feature could work, but it is not tested or supported at this time for Windows, Linux or Mac-OS.

Our testing with iOS here in the TAC lab has demonstrated that the iPad or iPhone (iOS 4.x) did not install the any routes other than the default route to the tunnel when connected.

What version of iOS are you using on your iPhone?

-Benjamin

Hello,

Happy new year!

The version of the iPhone is 4.3.3.

It is simply about a problem of routes because when I add routes manually on my laptop it works

Regards

L1 Bithead

Has anyone found a work around or way to make Cisco VPN client work?

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!