CLI command to get the unused/zero hits security policy.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CLI command to get the unused/zero hits security policy.

L2 Linker

I see unused check box on GUI, what is the command to get similar results on CLI

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@sandeep.paul

show running rule-use rule-base <option> type unused vsys vsys1

That command will give you, in my opinion, an easier to read list than what the GUI is capable of giving you. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@sandeep.paul

show running rule-use rule-base <option> type unused vsys vsys1

That command will give you, in my opinion, an easier to read list than what the GUI is capable of giving you. 

Thanks BPry

Does tho command show unused policies since last reboot? Is there any duration or how far it checks on the unused policies. Please let me know.

@sandeep.paul,
Correct. That command, and the firewall in general, is only going to be able to tell you if the policy has been used since the device was last restarted. Once you restart all of your rules will become unused until they actually match to another session.

Thanks, is there any command that we will know if sec policy is not being used from Day it was configured?

@sandeep.paul wrote:
Thanks, is there any command that we will know if sec policy is not being used from Day it was configured?

Unfortunately no

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!