Combining policies from different virtual systems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Combining policies from different virtual systems

Not applicable

So we are migrating from ASAs to PA 5050's.  We are trying to do it with as little interruption as possible so what we did is put the PAs inline behind the ASAs using vwire.  Our thought is to build our 4 environments as separate virtual systems in order to get our rulebase built and verified then once it's verified we can migrate the 4 virtual systems into one system and treat the 4 environments as separate zones.  The thing I'm running into is I can't find a way to combine/copy the separate virtual systems rulebases into the main one.  Normally I would assume there is a way to just copy and paste the rules over but I can't seem to find anything like that.  Anyone have suggestions before I get to far into this.

Thanks

Kris

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

It would be a manual process unfortunately either by recreating the rules in the CLI/GUI or by editing the XML of an exported config and then re-importing the config. There's a simply article about it where one of the PAN TAC engineers did it which can be found here -

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

It would be a manual process unfortunately either by recreating the rules in the CLI/GUI or by editing the XML of an exported config and then re-importing the config. There's a simply article about it where one of the PAN TAC engineers did it which can be found here -

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!