Configure Global Protect with username and password

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Configure Global Protect with username and password

L0 Member

Hi, 

I'm installing Global Protect on multiple windows devices that they are sharing the same username and password to authenticate with Global Protect.

I'm trying to configure Global Protect client to add username and password to authenticate during the silent installation. Which means to add the username and password with command after or during the installation. 

I know that the username and password is stored in 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\Settings\LatestCP

But its  encrypted and  not able to add them with importing the reg keys that i exported from different windows that was already authenticate with the same account.  

I don't want to share the password with the user and I don't want to enter the username and password manually. 

Thanks 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@xsuper23,

I don't believe that you are going to be able to inject the username/password into the client, due to the issue you mentioned. Why exactly are you using a shared account for this; I'd advise against that and simply create an account for the people in question so you aren't allowed a shared account access to your network. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@xsuper23,

I don't believe that you are going to be able to inject the username/password into the client, due to the issue you mentioned. Why exactly are you using a shared account for this; I'd advise against that and simply create an account for the people in question so you aren't allowed a shared account access to your network. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!