Configuring OSPF & Multicast in Palo Alto firewall sub-interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Configuring OSPF & Multicast in Palo Alto firewall sub-interface

L2 Linker

We have a requirement to configure OSPF & multicast in a sub-interface of Palo Alto for one of our customers. I would like to understand how it would impact the CPU, memory and throughput and the guidelines and best practices to be followed while configuring OSPF. A comparison against having static routes vs processing OSPF routes. Please suggest.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Routing usually doesnt take much overhead. I have ospf running on small boxes without issues. The only thing I can think of would be huge routing tables. So route summarization could come in handy. Also keep track of your areas and remember the OSPF lsa types. The reason I like it is I can add a new site or subnet and everything learns about it automatically.

Regards,

Agreed.  If you aren't dealing with massive route tables, you will probably be just fine.  OSPF will save you headache in the long run for sure.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!