Controlling use of Remote Access Tools

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Controlling use of Remote Access Tools

L3 Networker

Hello,

I am researching how to better controll the use of Remote Access Tools, such as LogMeIn, by the user base.

I know we have the sub-category of "remote-access" that I can use to create an application filter.  Which I can then use on a rule... This strikes me as a "put head against wall and push till wall falls" method... it will work ... but not very finesseful.

Anyone have more finesseful ways to do this?

Thanks

Art

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello Art,

In the Applipedia there are 2 apps 1> Logmein 2> logmeinrescue. I think based on the application definition given we can just have these apps defined in the rule and take the required action to control the related traffic. There is no need of application filter as it may have lot many other apps relative to the sub-category of "remote-access". If the intention is to specifically control logmein based traffic then the above 2 apps should address. If it is more generic then an App filter looks good. If we know all the remote access tools which needs to be blocked then App group is better.

Hope these 3 methods should address.

Thanks

Thanks Phoenix!

Great answer and it is the middle case that I wan't to do ... controll access to any and all applications categorized as 'Remote Access Tools'.

thanks

Art

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!