Convert configuration from PA4020 > 3050

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Convert configuration from PA4020 > 3050

L6 Presenter

Hi Folks,

What is the easiest way to convert configuration from PA4020 > 3050. l thought it is going to be easier but .. Will Migration Tool can help? 

error.PNG

Thx,

Myky

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

l managed to import this config and validate successfully. So PA4020 got BrightCloud DB but PA3050 has PAN-DB. After config import to the 3050 box l have to delete dynamic url line:

# delete deviceconfig setting url dynamic-url

Now validation is successful: 

VALID.PNG

ref:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/PAN-DB-Activation-Fails-when-Migrating-from...

Thx all for assistance,

Myky

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L3 Networker

Have you tried it. It's a little different, but I was able to export/import my config from a 5050 into a 5060. Just make sure you're on the same version of OS.

-Brad

Hi,

Yes l have the tool installed but no easy option )). I wish to see the option convert from one PA platform to another.

L1 Bithead

I recently migrated from a PA500 to a PA3050. In our case it was just editing the exported config file from the PA500.

Changed the device name and managment ip adress. Imported it in the 3050 done.

One thing to check is the interface names in the config file. If you migrated from a device with more interfaces or differnent names you have to change this. The 3050 has more interfaces so no problems for us there.

Do you have PANDB running on both or brightcloud on the other?

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me. The interfaces issue l resolved by editing xml file earlier but the problem is l am trying to migrate a config to the spare box (with no licences) and trial already expired a long time ago. At the moment our main lab unit is running on 4020 where no way we can test new (8.0)  futures (alive). Not sure if the issue will be fixed if l transfer the licences from 4020 > 3050. Will give a go

L6 Presenter

l managed to import this config and validate successfully. So PA4020 got BrightCloud DB but PA3050 has PAN-DB. After config import to the 3050 box l have to delete dynamic url line:

# delete deviceconfig setting url dynamic-url

Now validation is successful: 

VALID.PNG

ref:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/PAN-DB-Activation-Fails-when-Migrating-from...

Thx all for assistance,

Myky

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!