customised option for email alert for ISP link up or down

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

customised option for email alert for ISP link up or down

L2 Linker

Hi 

I have a PA firewall, is it possible to create an email alert for ISP link up or down in PA 220 device 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@HemanthV,

Actually in this case you can. You would just configure something like the following. You would just need to make two, one for matching 'Port ethernet1/1: Up' and one for 'Port ethernet1/1: Down'; replace the port with whatever port you have your ISP plugged into. 

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 10.21.37 AM.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Just for those events, no. However you can get emails for how critical something is, such as all high and/or critical events, etc.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/How-to-Configure-Email-Alerts-for-System...

Hope that helps.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@HemanthV,

Actually in this case you can. You would just configure something like the following. You would just need to make two, one for matching 'Port ethernet1/1: Up' and one for 'Port ethernet1/1: Down'; replace the port with whatever port you have your ISP plugged into. 

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 10.21.37 AM.png

Sweet! good to know!

HI 

Thanks for the response 

I need a small help if i want to filter for two ports what is the special character required or can I add with bracket  

from the above picture 

can I add like this or need to add a separate filter 

(description contains 'port ethernet1/1:Up') (description contains 'port ethernet1/1:Down') 

@HemanthV,

Generally I just make two entries, but I suppose you could do something like:

(description contains 'port ethernet1/1:Up') or (description contains 'port ethernet1/1:Down') and put them in the same entry perfectly fine. 

Hi BPry

I got one more option for monitoring and customer told its working 

For PBF: (eventid eq nh-down)

For Path Monitoring: (eventid eq path-monitor-failure)

Regards 

V. Hemanth

@HemanthV,

As long as the filter works to display the required logs in the System logs, it would work for the filter. 

Hi Bpray 

The below filter is not working 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!