Dates of dynamic updates only in Panorama, not firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dates of dynamic updates only in Panorama, not firewall

L3 Networker

Under General Information in Panorama, both the version numbers and dates for the installed dynamic updates are listed like this:

Application Version 8172-5560 (07/17/19)
Antivirus Version 3042-3552 (07/17/19)
WildFire Version 367098-369809 (07/17/19)

But when I logon to one of the firewalls (or change context in Panorama) only the version numbers are listed.

Application Version 8171-5557
Threat Version 8171-5557
Antivirus Version 3042-3552
WildFire Version 367097-369808

Is this by design or a GUI bug? Our PAN-OS version is 8.1.8-h5.

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Are you pushing dynamic updates from Panorama or are you pulling directly on the firewall?  I prefer pushing from Panorama as a scheduled task.  This avoids installing different versions between firewalls because their schedules don't match perfectly.

Also, do you have the "Release Date" Column added?

We push dynamic updates from Panorama. The release dates are showing on the firewalls if I go to Device -> Dynamic Updates, but I'm referring to the General Information on the Dashboard. When I login to the firewalls it would be nice to see at a glance if they have been properly updated.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!