deactivate VM License question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

deactivate VM License question

L2 Linker

I have an odd scenario going on where we installed a VM-300 license but did not have the proper resources applied to the VM.  When we clicked install on the license the VM then locked up and errored on boot complaining about memory.  We fixed the memory allocation issue in ESX (set to 9GB) and the VM booted with no issues and shows the VM-300 license installed fine.  BUT it will not let me create any zones above 15.  Looks like the license didn't load all the way....

I'd like to deactivate the license and reinstall on the same VM.  My Palo does not have internet access.  Is it as easy as deactivating and then reinstalling the same license keys?  I shouldn't have to do anything in the portal as this license is going back onto the same VM, correct?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@geewiss,

To be safe, I would go through and actually deactivate the VM in the portal to clear the license and then go through and activate it fully again. The only reason I would do that is so that if something goes wrong you don't have to open a support case just to get the license cleared on the backend to reuse it. 

I went ahead and manually deactivated the license on the Palo VM and it generated a .tok file.  My VM has no internet access.

I then tried to manually install the license file again (without) uploading the .tok file to the Palo registration site and it fails with "invalid license file".  My question is how does the Palo VM (not connected to the internet) reject this file?  

I guess now I have to go to the Palo registration site and uploade the .tok file and then download new licenses?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!