Dear Palo Alto Networks:

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dear Palo Alto Networks:

L0 Member

Your firewalls are generally okay.

But, the fact that you cannot get an interface bandwidth graph without configuring some QoS hack to only show an ingress interface traffic graph is stupid.

Every firewall vendor in the world has this feature. Except you.

Please fix this idiocy.

8 REPLIES 8

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

This should be submitted as a feature request that is sent to your SE.

Regards,

L4 Transporter

While I do agree with you, my guess is they rely on their customers using something else for this (PRTG, LibreNMS, Obersvium, other). You can also use the Pan(w)achrome extension in your browser which will use the API to generate the data/charts/graphs.

like it.

very usefull 

do i need fw gui open to get the stats?

will close the fw gui does it still gets stat from the fw?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

@MP18,

Assuming that you are talking about pan(w)achrome, you can close the GUI and still receive updated stats in the extension without issue. 

Hi BPry,

Yes i was talking about pan(w).

Seems when i close the web gui i can still access the stats.

curious to know how does this work in background to pull the stats from PA?

Is there any way we can see the logs in PA that shows us chrome extension pan(w) is pulling stats from the PA?

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L7 Applicator

@MP18 

pan(w)achrome uses the API in the background to query all these informations. You should see this in the list of logged in users.

L7 Applicator

I prefer a firewall that is really good at firewalling, analyzing traffic, blocking threats, providing secure connections for clients and so on rather than showing an overall graph for the current bandwidth of an interface : P

Ok, lets be serious, in the past I also had a few situations where something like that would have been useful, but as it is easily doable with additional tools - like the one mentionned by @hshawn - it wasn't really a problem for me. @pilecarls8 did you get in contact with your SE to create a feature request for this, like @OtakarKlier proposed?

L5 Sessionator

Pan(w)achrome is a great tool. If you wanted to build something yourself open-source, you would want to look into Grafana or prometheus utilizing the NGFWs "SNMP Trap" profile feature. 

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!