Define the range of ports used when overriding an URL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Define the range of ports used when overriding an URL

L0 Member

Hello world,

has anybody come accross a solution, when the PA is "overriding" an URL, it uses a technique of changing the dest port of the original request.

As I'm using a proxy infront of the PA, he clains that the port this request uses now, is not one of the allowed ones.

squid -> tcp_denied

No problem of changing this port into the secure ports, but with the next user and the next request, it changes.  😕

Is there any chance of limiting the range of the used ports so I can tell my proxy to allow a certain amount of ports?

Any help would be great.

Thanks a lot

cheers

Marcus

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Marcus,

We do not have the ability to define port usage for NAT. We can configure a NAT IP Pool but not a pool of ports.

Steve Krall

Hello Steve,

thanks a lot for that quick answer. It didn't solve the problem, but at least I know which way not to take.  🙂

Cheers

Marcus

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!