Delay on initial connection with globalprotect session

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Delay on initial connection with globalprotect session

L0 Member

I have a vm-100 on azure. I configured it to route all traffic from globalprotect client, no split tunnel.

I noticed that when I browse a site, the initial connection takes about 5 to 10 second to show the first page but it's fine after the initial connection. Even the pan management page has the same issue.

Any idea how do fix this?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@CirilRamos 

Please check below 

I have  observed that the connection is instant  in our environment if the user unchecks the "Automatically Detect Settings" for the proxy option under Internet Explorer. Even if the user does not have a proxy server, the proxy settings may be set in Internet Explorer. This is where the issue resides and the reason why some clients exhibit the problem (where the proxy settings are set).

When reviewing the GlobalProtect client logs, the user might see:

(T2760) 12/09/13 09:43:16:863 Debug (4651): Auto detect proxy for host vpn.domain.com

(T2760) 12/09/13 09:43:37:908 Debug(4662):  CPanMSService::SetProxyForHost:

fAutoDetect: 1 url: proxy: bypass: url: https://vpn.domain.com/ returned proxystr:

In the example above, it takes 31 seconds for the Windows system to detect the proxy setting. The result is no proxy for https://vpn.domain.com/, even if the url is opened.

Please check the GPS logs from the client and look for below logs

Uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings" for the proxy option in Internet Explorer to speed up GlobalProtect connections. With this setting enabled, the GlobalProtect client reads the proxy settings in Internet Explorer even if there is no proxy server.

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@CirilRamos 

Please check below 

I have  observed that the connection is instant  in our environment if the user unchecks the "Automatically Detect Settings" for the proxy option under Internet Explorer. Even if the user does not have a proxy server, the proxy settings may be set in Internet Explorer. This is where the issue resides and the reason why some clients exhibit the problem (where the proxy settings are set).

When reviewing the GlobalProtect client logs, the user might see:

(T2760) 12/09/13 09:43:16:863 Debug (4651): Auto detect proxy for host vpn.domain.com

(T2760) 12/09/13 09:43:37:908 Debug(4662):  CPanMSService::SetProxyForHost:

fAutoDetect: 1 url: proxy: bypass: url: https://vpn.domain.com/ returned proxystr:

In the example above, it takes 31 seconds for the Windows system to detect the proxy setting. The result is no proxy for https://vpn.domain.com/, even if the url is opened.

Please check the GPS logs from the client and look for below logs

Uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings" for the proxy option in Internet Explorer to speed up GlobalProtect connections. With this setting enabled, the GlobalProtect client reads the proxy settings in Internet Explorer even if there is no proxy server.

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

That fixed my issue. Thank you for your help.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!