Delete all Address Objects

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Delete all Address Objects

L3 Networker

Hello,

I have >600 Address objects on a Lab firewall and I am looing for a way to delete them all.  The web interface does not contain a select all tick box for individual address objects (mind-blowing.. why not??)...  Anyone know of a CLI command that will do it?

Thanks!

Matt

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Just wanted to comment on the Click-Shift-Click

Don't do this on the tick-boxes, it doesn't work there. Do this on the Name field (do not click on the name but on the empty space beside the name). If you do this, you can click-shift-click to select all (I used MS Edge)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

Hello Matt,

You can try exporting the configuration and just manually deleting the XML? You can also hold down control and tick the check boxes next to the address to select multiple address.

hope this helps,

Ben

L2 Linker

(duplicate - bmorris1 beat me by 36secs - i must be slipping..) 

- export the config in XML

- delete the objects section

- import the config back into the firewall, load, commit.

no, it's not a checkbox but it's doable in under 5mins.

c

Thanks guys!  Was trying to avoid having to do that because I have had some undesireable results playing around with the XML in the past.  Still baffled why PA wouldn't include this as an option.. makes no sense to me 🙂

L2 Linker

You can shift-click to select multiple objects.

So click on the first object, then scroll all the way to the bottom, then hold shift while you click the last object.  That should select all of the objects, then you can click delete.

just make sure you are using a real editor like Notepad++ or SublimeText

XML is your friend!

L5 Sessionator

Hi Matt,

EDIT - Bradley already responded with the easiest way from GUI: holding "shift" and selecting first and last should select all items in between, at least that's what works for me from the latest SeaMonkey (firefox-like browser but without DRM built-in)

otherwise - smash the xml in editor of your choice as gentleman noted 🙂

Regards

L.

p.s. I vote for vim even though I use both npp and sublime in GUIs :)))))

Just wanted to comment on the Click-Shift-Click

Don't do this on the tick-boxes, it doesn't work there. Do this on the Name field (do not click on the name but on the empty space beside the name). If you do this, you can click-shift-click to select all (I used MS Edge)

You just saved me HOURS - thank you 🙂

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!