Deployment job upload wildfire to <fw> failed. Device msg:'Failed to download panupv2-all-wildfire-564367-567485.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Deployment job upload wildfire to <fw> failed. Device msg:'Failed to download panupv2-all-wildfire-564367-567485.

L1 Bithead

Hi,

We get these error often, 'cannot connect to server'.

There are no network connectivity issues and everytime I test get the following:

Test wildfire Public Cloud

Testing cloud server wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com ...
wildfire registration: successful
download server list: successful
select the best server: panos.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com

Someone advised me this might be scheduling of multiple tasks simultaneously thus this deployment fails. Or possibly the firewall is already up to date with that content and fails because file already exists (I use both content update via Pano and directly)?

Any help much appreciated, at the moment am ignoring these alarms.

Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello.  I get these errors and also ignore them.   It is usually a timing thing, or the request on the Internet dropped the packet(s), so this would result in an error.  As long as you are getting your updates  you should be able to ignore those messages.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Thanks Steve,

I've filtered out these from my alerting system meanwhile as we already have checks in place that dynamic updates are current on each device.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!