DHCP issue in vwire

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DHCP issue in vwire

L5 Sessionator

Hi all,

Having a really simple archie with two ports in vwire (Allow all vlan and multicast on it), create a rule "trust to untrust allow all".

Issue is for dhcp request, I have to create a rule allowing dhcp answer from untrust to trust ....

In my mind there is no reason to do that .. If request is allowed, answer should be automatically.

Maybe someone have the same issue .... and find either the reason or a good explanation 🙂

V.

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

What is the OS installed on the firewall.?

Do you see any DHCP related traffic matching this  reverse direction rule?

Sorry for missing info

PANOS is 5.0.5 and yes, when making a tcpdump on drop stage I can see dhcp packet dropped by palo.

V.

Doesn't seem to be right to me .You can open a case with Support for detailed Debug.

After short discution with one of our local Palo Se, he has the same issue.

Maybe a known bug ? will check with palo.

Rgds

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!