cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

DHCP Realy

L0 Member

Hello,

I have an issue related to DHCP Relay, I configured it on my Palo Alto to allow users to get IP from the DHCP server behind the Palo Alto but it not working can anyone help me how can I troubleshoot this issue to check if this issue from Palo alto side or not 

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Do you have security rules allowing the traffic through and if so do you see the traffic in the traffic logs of the firewall? If you see the traffic logs do you see bytes received? 

I would run a pcap on the DHCP server to see if you see the traffic hitting the server in the first place, if not it may be a routing issue.

I would also check the global counter on the firewall filtered for your DHCP server and see if anything is being dropped. Instructions on checking global counters can be found here: How to check global counters for a specific source and destinat... - Knowledge Base - Palo Alto Netw...

Let me know if that helps!

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!