DHCP Relay - Users unable to get IP address until I delete and re-add the servers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

DHCP Relay - Users unable to get IP address until I delete and re-add the servers

L2 Linker

There are plenty of IP addresses and not that many users, and sometimes the users are unable to get an IP address, but when I delete and re-add the servers in the DCHP relay, they are able to get IP addresses again, this happens frequently on and off.

3 REPLIES 3

L0 Member

Hello! 

Apologies if I misunderstood your post, but is your firewall hosting the DHCP server? If it is, is the DHCP set to auto or enabled mode?
We had a problem with our DHCP when it was set to auto where it was detecting another DHCP server leasing IPs which would cause our firewall to stop handing out its own leases. We temporarily changed it to enable until we found out what on our network was broadcasting DHCP services. 

I hope this helps!

Ahoy

Hi @Mumford 

Thanks for your response. The DHCP is hosted on a windows server and the clients are on a different subnet, the DHCP relay is set up on the firewall, to forwards ip addresses to those clients.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@s0lselcia,

Do you see anything when you do a system logs search for (subtype eq dhcp)? 

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!