dhcp restart?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

dhcp restart?

Not applicable

I am using the dhcpd on the Palo Alto firewall, and have seen some strange relase patterns, is there away to do a shutdown/start or a restart on the daemon?

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

If anyone is looking at this (like i was) in 10.1.x and assuming higher, you can do:
> debug software restart process dhcp

View solution in original post

Yes we can restart the DHCP without going to Root on PAN OS 10.1 or higher.

debug software restart process dhcp

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

Yes there are some cli commands to restart various mgmt-plane services, I dont remember them all but they are available in the manual.

A quick and dirty way to do the same without cli is to click on "restart mgmtplane" in the device tab (I think its hidden there). You will miss some logs while the mgmtplane is "rebooting" but the dataplane (which is separate from the mgmtplane) will continue to process packets.

Dear Mikand,

Is there really a way to separately restart the DHCP service (dhcpd)? I could not find anything in the CLI documentation.

My guess is you need to restart the whole management-server... (debug software restart management-server)

Kind regards

Hello mr.linus,

The dhcpd daemon can only be restarted from the root of the firewall. There is no command from the command line interface that can be used to directly restart the dhcpd daemon.

As a workaround, management server process can be restarted. The command is :

> debug software restart management-server

Thanks

L1 Bithead

If anyone is looking at this (like i was) in 10.1.x and assuming higher, you can do:
> debug software restart process dhcp

Yes we can restart the DHCP without going to Root on PAN OS 10.1 or higher.

debug software restart process dhcp

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 2 accepted solutions
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!