DHCP server relay service down from Palo Alto monitoring

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DHCP server relay service down from Palo Alto monitoring

L4 Transporter

We are using DHCP server relay in Palo Alto provide IPs to network.

We have faced issues aboutpalo alto stopped processing DHCP relay

It was not shown in system logs

It was shown in dhcpd.logs 

==

Warning:  pan_dhcpd_cfgagent_initial_config_callback(pan_dhcpd_cfg.c:1902): pan_dhcpd_cfgagent_initial_config() failed

2018-05-13 14:44:35.441 +0200 Sending ALL Bound DHCP Client info to Peer since peer is now passive/susp

2018-05-13 14:44:35.458 +0200 The dataplane has come up

2018-05-13 14:44:35.763 +0200 HA local version 3; local compat 1; peer version 3; peer compat 1

2018-05-14 07:11:37.325 +0200 Warning:  pan_hash_init(pan_hash.c:112): nbuckets 100 is not power of 2!

2018-05-14 07:11:37.338 +0200 Warning:  pan_hash_init(pan_hash.c:112): nbuckets 100 is not power of 2!

2018-05-14 07:11:43.324 +0200 Warning:  pan_hash_init(pan_hash.c:112): nbuckets 100 is not power of 2!

==

The reboot fixed the issue. However is there any way to monitor if similiar sitaution arrives.

PCNSE-7, ACE-6,ACE 7 , CCNP, CCNA,CCIE(theory) , RHCE
Firewalldog dot com
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@Roby_Sreejith

If it's a once and done thing I wouldn't generally worry about it with this error message; sometimes internal processes don't 100% function correctly. If this was something that you ran into more than once then I would probably start worrying about it, but if it's functional now and had been up until this point then you'll likely never really run into it again. 

FYI,

I would highly recommend scheduling some time to upgrade this device to the latest 7.1.18 so that you have the latest bug fixes, but more importantly there are a number of known vulnerabilities that you aren't currently patched for. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Roby_Sreejith,

Has this only happened once or has it been recurring? What PAN-OS are you currently running? 

it happened only once. 7.1.7 is the version

PCNSE-7, ACE-6,ACE 7 , CCNP, CCNA,CCIE(theory) , RHCE
Firewalldog dot com

@Roby_Sreejith

If it's a once and done thing I wouldn't generally worry about it with this error message; sometimes internal processes don't 100% function correctly. If this was something that you ran into more than once then I would probably start worrying about it, but if it's functional now and had been up until this point then you'll likely never really run into it again. 

FYI,

I would highly recommend scheduling some time to upgrade this device to the latest 7.1.18 so that you have the latest bug fixes, but more importantly there are a number of known vulnerabilities that you aren't currently patched for. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!