Directing SMTP Traffic to VPN Tunnel

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Directing SMTP Traffic to VPN Tunnel

L0 Member

Hello Team,

I am new to this kind of issue and need suggestions as I need to execute the same in my Organisation. I would like to know if we can direct the SMTP Traffic (Outlook Mails) to our IPsec VPN Tunnel without disturbing any other application traffic for users. If possible I need to establish this only for mails.

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Yes, you are able to specify the application on a client device that will send traffic through the tunnel, see this post. You are then also able to write a policy on the NGFW allowing traffic from VPN zone to internal/internet zones using App-ID for SMTP as well. 

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

L4 Transporter

@mkd1995 Yes, this is possible. You can use Policy Based forwarding to create a match criteria (in your case application SMTP) and then route it over the VPN tunnel. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!