DNS Proxy in Active Active cluster setup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DNS Proxy in Active Active cluster setup

L4 Transporter

Hi

I am looking to setup 2 IP address I want to use for DNS proxy  - I was planning on having each ip as a HA VIP - in fail over mode - 1 priotised to one node and the other to the other node

Then I tried to setup the DNS proxy -  can't attach it to ip but to interface.  so I bound it to the same interface I have the HA VIPS on.

some times it worked and other times it went into the cloud somewhere...

is the a HA dns proxy setup.

reason i want one is I would like a set of ip's that are alway available so  I don't have to worry about timeing out first to fail over to second dns server

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Alex_Samad,

It allowed you to configure the DNS Proxy service on the HA virtual address? I'm honestly more suprised that it let you do this at all; I don't think this would really be a recommended configuration in any way. 

How is the floating IP address actually configured, because you make it sound like you actually bind this address to the Active/Primary? 

Well you can bind a GP portal and gateway to a HA VIP. why not a DNS proxy service.

I will note i have found instructions on the former, but not the later.

I tried arp load sharing and also active fail over (2 of them) with different preferences so that 1 would be active on one whilst the other was active on the other.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!