Do PA have size limit for AV scanning (not size that upload to WildFire)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Do PA have size limit for AV scanning (not size that upload to WildFire)?

L0 Member

Hi, I'm looking for reference document that clearly answer below question:

1/ PA have file size limited for AV or not?

2/ What file type that PA support or not support in AV scanning?

3/ When PA need to forward file to scan on WildFire?

Please give me the document related to those 3 topic.I try google for a long time But I can't find clear answer. So I understand that PA use single-pass or pass through method that don't need to cache file. But I need clear reference for my boss.

Thank a lot

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

A helpful blurb in the admin guide will answer most questions, see here.

1) No size limits, all 3 threat prevention profiles (antivirus, antispyware, vulnerability protection) scan the entire session. You are able to see which decoders are utilized in your antivirus settings.

2) See link. 

3) All files are checked against wildfire, if there is a signature for the file then it will not be uploaded. If there isn't a signature (it's a new file), it will be uploaded. 

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!