Does globalprotect detect roaming between networks?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Does globalprotect detect roaming between networks?

L3 Networker

Dear Community, 

I´d like to check with you regarding the following globalprotect scenario:

I´m connected with my laptop to the LTE mobile network to be outside and I´m connected to the external gateway, when I connect to the wifi network... Is it possible that the agent will detect this change and automatically connect to the internal gateway or I will need to click on rediscover network??

Thanks in advance,

Marcos.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Carracido,

The scenario that you list is a little tricky, simply based on the process of how GlobalProtect actually works. Like @Mick_Ball stated, in an 'always-on' enviroment this should be an automated process, because it will simply attempt to reconnect automatically without any user interaction. If this is an on-demand enviroment then the client is only going to be looking for your external gateway (if it stays searching even) and won't recheck for the internal gateway until another connection is attempted. 

So to answer your question, yes, it is possible for the agent to detect the change and connect to the internal gateway without any user interaction. Since the majority of enviroments that I've been a part ofor consulted on do not use always-on, it's probably unlikely that this is working for you at the moment. Always-on when setup properly would fix this. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

It depends, if you are using “always on” then it should rediscover auto...

if not then you will have to connect again.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Carracido,

The scenario that you list is a little tricky, simply based on the process of how GlobalProtect actually works. Like @Mick_Ball stated, in an 'always-on' enviroment this should be an automated process, because it will simply attempt to reconnect automatically without any user interaction. If this is an on-demand enviroment then the client is only going to be looking for your external gateway (if it stays searching even) and won't recheck for the internal gateway until another connection is attempted. 

So to answer your question, yes, it is possible for the agent to detect the change and connect to the internal gateway without any user interaction. Since the majority of enviroments that I've been a part ofor consulted on do not use always-on, it's probably unlikely that this is working for you at the moment. Always-on when setup properly would fix this. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!