domain filtering

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

domain filtering

L0 Member

Hello, I have a big network with thousands of systems, I have 3 domains  , I want to know and log  all access from outside off my network to any inside server that the url is  different to *.mydomain.com.

If i use url filtering and in block I put * and in  permit *.mydomain.com all the outside access to my network are log including all to *.mydomain.com.  How can i only log access to URL differents to *.mydomain.com?

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hello,

As per the PAN firewall's workflow, it will first check Block list > Allow list > Predefine List> Custom List.

If you want to set a default action for all URL, you can set the same action in the predefine list. ( ALEART and BLOCK will log the session by default). At the same time, put *.mydomain.com into your Allow list.

URL-set-action.JPG.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks

L5 Sessionator

Just a quick correction to HULK response above.  The correct URL lookup sequence is block list --> allow list --> custom categories --> predefined categories.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!