Downgraded software

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Downgraded software

L0 Member

I downgraded 5220 from 10.1 to 9.1.14h4 and once rebooted fan wont stop starting and stopping. Also can’t commit says communication error happened during configuration to dataplane

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

While I have not run into that situation, I would suggest going back to the 10.1 version you had before. The alternative would be to call support.

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Did you attempt to do that in one jump? Similar to running upgrades, I would never recommend skipping a major code version when running a downgrade. If you did, the benefit is that you can likely use SWM to revert to your last install. 

1) Run 'debug swm status' to verify the partition PAN-OS version and ensure that it's showing revertible.

2) Run 'debug swm revert revert' to revert the active partition to your old partition. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!