DRAFT: Procedure to add Antispyware, Threat, & URL Filtering

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DRAFT: Procedure to add Antispyware, Threat, & URL Filtering

Not applicable

1.    Policy profiles
    a.    enable applications (one day to enable)
        i.    tweak applications (several days at least, maybe two weeks at most)
        ii.    wait until stability achieved
    b.    enable antispyware  (one day to enable)
        i.    tweak (one day, maybe several days at most)
    c.    enable threat prevention (one day to enable)
        i.    tweak (one day, maybe several days at most)
    d.    enable URL Filtering (domain migration should be complete before proceeding)
        i.    add one/two categories at a time (one day to enable)
            1.    tweak (one or two days, but if receiving complaints one or two weeks)
            2.    wait until stability achieved
        ii.    add one/two categories (create custom URL Category if necessary)
            1.    tweak  (one or two days, but if receiving complaints one or two weeks)
            2.    wait until stability achieved
        iii.    Repeat until all categories added and stability achieved  (process may take weeks/months)

A procedure doesnt exist, or at least I could not find one, in converting a compnany from your conventional FW to a PA.  This article touches on adding URL, Threat, and Antispyware, which I still need more time to evaluate this procedure.

Please reply if you have any suggestions or a better process.

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

UPDATE:

1.            Policy profiles

a.  enable vulnerability to the policy(s)

i.             tweak if necessary

ii.            wait 1 week or until stability achieved and/or verified

b.  enable antispyware to the policy(s)

i.             tweak if necessary

ii.            wait 1 week or until stability achieved and/or verified

c.             enable URL Filtering

i.             add one/two categories (have client create Schedule, see below)

1.            tweak (one or two days, but if receiving complaints one or two weeks)

2.            wait until stability achieved

ii.            add one/two categories (have client create Schedule, see below)

1.            create custom URL Category if necessary

2.            tweak  (one or two days, but if receiving complaints one or two weeks)

3.            wait until stability achieved

iii.           Repeat until all categories added and stability achieved  (process may weeks/take months)

2.            Applications

i.             tweak applications (1-2 weeks)

ii.            wait until stability achieved

Schedule Example - order of categories to block (dates can be approximate):

1.       Cult and the occult                                          01/01/12

2.       Dating                                                            01/08/12

3.       Dead sites                                                      01/15/12

4.       Abortion                                                          01/22/12

5.       Abused Drugs                                                 01/29/12

6.       Weapons                                                        02/05/12

7.       Spam Urls                                                       02/12/12

8.       Spyware Adware                                              02/19/12

9.       Swim suites and intimate apparel                      02/26/12

10.   Religion                                                          03/05/12

11.   Sex Education                                                03/12/12

12.   Online Gambling                                             03/19/12

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!