Email Notification Alerts for VPN connections.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Email Notification Alerts for VPN connections.

Team,

We have started WFH facility for all of our users.

We have deployed GP portal and client to connect corporate network.

As per security requirements,We would like to receive the email notifications when the user connected to vpn client.

Can any one help if you have the same setup and share the details of how to implement this on PA 3260's.

Thanks a lot!!

Regards,

Srikanth

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

This can be done with the Log Settings and a custom filter. However if you have a lot of users, this can overload the email server or the mailbox. I would recommend you use a SIEM to collect the data instead.

Device tab -> Log Settings.

You'll also need to setup a email server profile.

Regards,

Hi Otakarklier,

Appreciate for your quick  response.

I have tried with couple of changes but doesn't help.

-I have done by creating new email server profile.

-Under system log setting, created new profile with log builder to filter the logs and tagged the email server that i have created.

-Tested but doesn't help.

-Did the same by creating new syslog and user-ID  configurations but no luck.

-I see that we need to have a log forwarding profile but i already have it for forwarding the logs to panorama.

-Not sure if i am missing any configs here, please advise.

Thanks,

Srikanth

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!