Email Server profile configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Email Server profile configuration

L1 Bithead

Is a local email server, such as Exchange, required to schedule email reports? I've tried to set up the sever profile and send test messages to a web email server with no success. If a web email server can be used what will the server profile configuration look like?

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

I believe any SMTP server should work. I've recently set this up in my lab with a basic SMTP Ubuntu install and it works fine.

In the service route configuration, have you left emails to go out the default (management interface)? If so, can the management interface communicate to the email server via ping or telnet to port 25?

You can look in the ms.log for information or errors pertaining to failed emails. This may give us more clues as to why it's failing.

> tail follow yes lines 25 mp-log ms.log

Then run the test again, and look to see if any errors are showing.

Thanks,

Jason Seals

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!