Error decompressing data stream

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error decompressing data stream

L1 Bithead

Greetings All

Been running minemeld for quite a while but have not seen this one before.  We are setting up a new threat stream from a government provider that we have been using for a while but they are upgrading to a v4 of their feed.  Did everything the same as usual but getting a error "Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream".

Anyone seen this one?

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

***UPDATE**

If anyone else is having this issue, I found a solution.

First, make sure you are using the updated cif plugin

renisac/CIFv3-Minemeld: Minemeld Miner for CIFv3 / SESv4 (github.com)

next you will need to build a new node using the CIFv3 prototype you just installed.

When I committed the changes, I wasn't able to set the remote or api info from within the web console.  I had to do it via the command console by way of copying the side_config.yml file and updating the remote address, changing otype to itype and updating the token info.

The yml file was located in /opt/minemeld/local/config for me but your mileage may vary.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

We're seeing this same error trying to migrate to v4 of a government-provided feed as well. We were running v3 on a Linux host with Python but want to switch to using MineMeld so all feeds are in one place. Was MineMeld working with v3 previously? Interested in hearing others results.

I've had v3 working for quite a while but v4 seems to be difficult.  Tried a few things revolving around changing zlib variables but no luck. 

***UPDATE**

If anyone else is having this issue, I found a solution.

First, make sure you are using the updated cif plugin

renisac/CIFv3-Minemeld: Minemeld Miner for CIFv3 / SESv4 (github.com)

next you will need to build a new node using the CIFv3 prototype you just installed.

When I committed the changes, I wasn't able to set the remote or api info from within the web console.  I had to do it via the command console by way of copying the side_config.yml file and updating the remote address, changing otype to itype and updating the token info.

The yml file was located in /opt/minemeld/local/config for me but your mileage may vary.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the direction BenjaminSand. I can confirm this worked for me as well.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!