Failed to find PAN Virtual Adapter Interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Not applicable

I have a laptop that I am trying to connect through SSL-VPN using NetConnect and everytime I run it I get the following error.

I am able to run the program and enter my username and password and it goes through the normal process of connecting but then errors out.

Any idea's?

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

nveenstra wrote:

I have a laptop that I am trying to connect through SSL-VPN using NetConnect and everytime I run it I get the following error.

I am able to run the program and enter my username and password and it goes through the normal process of connecting but then errors out.

Any idea's?

Did you install the client as an admin user on the laptop? Because the install process creates a new network interface (the virtual adapter interface), you need admin rights to install it.

What does ipconfig /all show? Below is the output from mine (when the VPN is disconnected)

Ethernet adapter {C7E85609-0333-4D55-9FBF-DED0194932FC}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
        Description . . . . . . . . . . . : PAN Virtual Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
        Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-50-41-00-00-01

If you don't have that interface, even when the VPN is inactive, then your client hasn't installed properly, and you should uninstall and try again as an admin user.

You don't mention which flavour of WindoZe you're installing on, so I can't comment on the 32/64 bit thing - but installing for 64 bit is a little trickier than doing it for the 32 bit version.

Cheers.

Hi dagibbs,

Yes I installed using an account that has admin rights. This is a Windows 7 x32 environment. I have tried to reinstall a couple of times already.

After looking through ipconfig /all I do not see anything that references a PAN Virtual Ethernet Adapter. I do note though that there is a Check Point Virtual Network Adapter for another SSL connection.

Would this prevent the PAN adapter from being created? Is there a work around to have both virtual adapters if this is a problem?

nveenstra wrote:

Hi dagibbs,

Yes I installed using an account that has admin rights. This is a Windows 7 x32 environment.

After looking through ipconfig /all I do not see anything that references a PAN Virtual Ethernet Adapter. I do note though that there is a Check Point Virtual Network Adapter for another SSL connection.

Would this prevent the PAN adapter from being created? Is there a work around to have both virtual adapters if this is a problem?

I can't comment on the Checkpoint one - although I wouldn't think so, because I had two virtual adapters on my laptop (one Palo Alto, one Aventail) and they both installed/worked fine, but I suppose anything is possible.

I'd uninstall the PAN client, check the Java versions etc and then try to install again, this time logged on as the local admin user if you can.

Cheers.

The java version (6 standard edition update 22) is the same as my other Windows 7 x32 laptop running the NetConnect. I uninstalled and logged on a local user with admin rights and am still having the same problem.

nveenstra wrote:

The java version (6 standard edition update 22) is the same as my other Windows 7 x32 laptop running the NetConnect. I uninstalled and logged on a local user with admin rights and am still having the same problem.

That one has me beat then - I'd suggest you log a case with your support organisation and get PA to look into it for you.

Cheers.

Thanks for trying to help. I will proceed with a call to PA.

Hi,

Have you been able to solve this problem? What was the cause of the problem?

Hi,

Even i had this problem, however it was not due to the checkpoint adapter but because of Kaperesky antivirus. You need to add application to trusted application list and it works fine. Do you have antivirus installed ?

Regards,

Wasim Parkar

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!