Failed to resolve domain name

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Failed to resolve domain name

L3 Networker

Hi,

i get in the system monitor a message Type dnsproxy and event resole-fail mgmt-obj

'Failed to resolve domain name:server.domain.com after trying all attempts to name server(s): IP_from_internal_DNS  8.8.4.4 '

and i dont know why.

I have set and Object for the server.domain.com DNS Name to the IP but error comes again.

In Device -> Setup -> Services - there are my internal IP adresse from the DNS Server and the google public DNS.

(can it be a problem that my server.domain.com a public IP is and when i try it outside my network a other server answer on this ip?

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@clonesheep,

I guess I'm not really getting where your issue actually resides. Do you have your internal DNS server as the primary or Google? As for your last question what exactly do you mean? Unless you started squatting on someone's domain and you're using an FQDN that already has a public DNS record you shouldn't have a different public IP than what exists in the public DNS record that you've created for this FQDN. 

@BPryMy internal DNS (with a public IP like example 80.80.80.80) is my first DNS at PA. And my FQDN is example server.domainname.com and this Domain Name is regestrated by me (but have a differnt IP who shows this name as A record to). But the IP i use internal is a public IP and some one other has this IP in Use for a Webserver. Thats my problem. and i dont understand why my own DNS looks in the www for the fqdn of my DNS-Server.

Hello,

Sounds like possible a DNS entry issue? Check and see what you have setup for the following:

@ (None)7200none 
* (All Others)7200

none 

If you dont have anything, what it does is redirect anything that is just your domain name to the www entry. i.e. www.yourdomain.com and yourdomain.com will go the the same address of www.yourdomain.com.

Hope that makes sense.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!