Failover PPPoE Connections

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Failover PPPoE Connections

L0 Member

We have PA-200s and 220s that we provide to our branches that have their own internal range that gets advertised into our network through global protect. They all have their own internet connection but if that goes down then we have no redundancy in place.

I've been looking at the multiple ISP docs for failover and i can do that successfully with ISPs that provide an IP for our PA, but I've not seen any documentation that mentions failing over PPPoE connections. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Since PPPoE is setup on the physical interface, it should work the same since you will have ISPA into one interface and ISPB into another. Then just setup policy based frowading, dont forget to enable the 'Disable this rule if....' is enabled so it will disable the policy if ISPA goes down. Then set a static default route to ISPB. 

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Since PPPoE is setup on the physical interface, it should work the same since you will have ISPA into one interface and ISPB into another. Then just setup policy based frowading, dont forget to enable the 'Disable this rule if....' is enabled so it will disable the policy if ISPA goes down. Then set a static default route to ISPB. 

Hope that helps.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!