Failure to install Apps and Threats

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Failure to install Apps and Threats

L2 Linker

Model PA-3050
Software Version 9.1.16
GlobalProtect Agent 6.1.0
Application Version 8692-7955 (03/30/23)
Threat Version 8692-7955 (03/30/23)
Antivirus Version 4401-4918 (03/26/23)
WildFire Version 757322-760771 (04/06/23)
URL Filtering Version 20230406.20155

Issue: A few weeks ago, i started to notice that Apps and threats are failing to install. See errors below.

Note: I already requested for support and waiting for response. 

Result
Failed
Details

Failed to update content with following message: cp: cannot stat 'global/2.1.0/global_app.xml': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat 'global/2.1.0/global_threat.xml': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/opt/pancfg/mgmt/updates/oldav/cache/*': No such file or directory
rpm/pubkeys/*.key
loading keyring from rpmdb
opening db environment /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm cdb:0x401
opening db index /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm/Packages 0x400 mode=0x0
locked db index /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm/Packages
opening db index /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm/Name 0x400 mode=0x0
Expected size: 67953461 = lead(96)+sigs(180)+pad(4)+data(67953181)
Actual size: 67953461
/opt/pancfg/mgmt/content-images/tmp/panupv2-all-contents-8693-7959.tgz: Header SHA1 digest: OK (4a7a19a347e945a02ddf3e7685996e0727f65714)
added binary package [0]
found 0 source and 1 binary packages
========== recording tsort relations
========== tsorting packages (order, #predecessors, #succesors, depth)
0 0 0 1 +panupv2-all-contents-8693-7959.noarch
installing binary packages
Selinux disabled.
closed db index /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm/Name
closed db index /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm/Packages
closed db environment /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm
removed db environment /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm
opening db environment /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm cdb:0x401
opening db index /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm/Packages (none) mode=0x42
sanity checking 1 elements
computing 640 file fingerprints
opening db index /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm/Name (none) mode=0x42
opening db index /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm/Basenames (none) mode=0x42
opening db index /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm/Group (none) mode=0x42
opening db index /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm/Requirename (none) mode=0x42
opening db index /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm/Providename (none) mode=0x42
opening db index /opt/pancfg/var/lib/rpm/Conflictname (no

Warnings

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

Based on the error messages . it appears that there might be a problem with PA 3050 content update.ypu can check the necessary files global_app.xml and global_threat.xml where you can find why it is preventing from completing the update and check the rpm database as well which could be a reason for installation of certain packets.

and the main thing is it is important to check the logs and difficult to determine the issue without the logs and it is possible that the problem could be with firewall disc space or connectivity issue with update server.

As you have already requested support, wait for their response and in the mean time try freeing up the disk space OR checking the file permissions.

AbbasAli.S

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Based on the error messages . it appears that there might be a problem with PA 3050 content update.ypu can check the necessary files global_app.xml and global_threat.xml where you can find why it is preventing from completing the update and check the rpm database as well which could be a reason for installation of certain packets.

and the main thing is it is important to check the logs and difficult to determine the issue without the logs and it is possible that the problem could be with firewall disc space or connectivity issue with update server.

As you have already requested support, wait for their response and in the mean time try freeing up the disk space OR checking the file permissions.

AbbasAli.S

Hi @ABBASALI.S 

Thank you for the insights. With that I was able to resolve this issue by initially checking disk space and one that caught my attention was the amount of config files saved and had to export and deleted and now I'm able to install Apps and Threats content. Although i will still monitor this one for at least a week or so for consistency.

Hello @Kali 

It was my pleasure to be of  assistance.

Thank you for expressing you Gratitude 🙂

AbbasAli.S
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!