Firewall Statistics Report

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Firewall Statistics Report

L4 Transporter

We are looking at upgrading our firewalls from the PA-500 to the PA-3050s. The company I work for is growing fairly rapidly and it's looking good that the company will continue to grow. In order to get the funding for these firewalls we need to prove that we need them or at least that the 500s are obsolete or are quickly becoming that way. I am wondering if there is a way to pull hardware usage statistics in the form of a report, preferably graphs, that show historical data? Any data that can show the load on the firewalls over a period of a couple of days to a week would be ideal.

We currently use the Chrome extension which shows us details within the last hour but we want to see more history than that. I've looked through the report options provided on the Palo Alto but I have not been able to find anything that would satisfy our needs. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hello Mario,

You can run the following commands to get a general know-how about the amount of traffic flowing through the PA500

> show running resource-monitor week <1-13>              // Gives you the dataplane usage in terms of  last (1-13) week/s

> show session info                                                      // Gives the current snapshot of session table utilization

> show system statistics                                                 // Gives you the real time usage in terms of throughput and packet rate

Now you can also gather some useful information through the WebUI, under ACC tab where you can sort by sessions/ bytes and also set the time.

acc.PNG.png

You can also use the feature of App Scope under Monitor tab in WebUI to generate reports for bandwidth usage.

Another way to gather information from the PAN firewall would be to monitor it via SNMP and then run a report on the data using something like Splunk.

Hope the above recommendation is what you are looking for.

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

I can recomendate to use Cacti or Zabbix, here you are some usefull links:

Cacti - Templates

Zabbix - Basic PA Host Template

Hope it will help You

Regards

Slawek

L4 Transporter

Thanks for the help! This is awesome! Smiley Happy

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!