Geographic block by region, China - CN blocked but need to ensure Taiwan is available for traveler

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Geographic block by region, China - CN blocked but need to ensure Taiwan is available for traveler

L0 Member

We currently block incomming regions such as China - CN however we have some traveling teammates that will need to be able to VPN connect back to us in US who will be in Tawain. 

The crux of my question is if CN is blocked but TN= Taiwan ROC by the abbeviation lookup is NOT blocked will this traffic be allowed if attemped from Taiwan?

I could find no documentation advising if China is set if that overrides all areas including Taiwan. 

Thank you for your help.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

I would have to assume that based on your own information you provided it would be allowed.

China is defined as CN, which you are blocking.  Traffic coming from this IP space would be blocked in the FW.

Taiwan is defined as TW, which you currently don't block.  Traffic coming from this IP space would be allowed in your FW.

The more accurate question would be, what's the IP space as defined in the FW and what's the IP space the users will be coming from while in Taiwan?  If that space Palo has defined as China space then they'll be blocked.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

I would have to assume that based on your own information you provided it would be allowed.

China is defined as CN, which you are blocking.  Traffic coming from this IP space would be blocked in the FW.

Taiwan is defined as TW, which you currently don't block.  Traffic coming from this IP space would be allowed in your FW.

The more accurate question would be, what's the IP space as defined in the FW and what's the IP space the users will be coming from while in Taiwan?  If that space Palo has defined as China space then they'll be blocked.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!