Getting started Panorama 8.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Getting started Panorama 8.1

L2 Linker
Ok, let just star by saying I am new to Panorama and I think understand the concept but just doesn’t work as expected. So I will just explain the end goal, I currently have an active/passive pa-500 pair that I am switching to two 3220 in an ha pair. Panorama is just planning for the future if I roll out 25 more devices to my remote offices.

Since the 3220s are new I just gave them a basic config to connect them to panorama. That went fine, so I started to configure the network settings with multiple templates and all hell broke loose. I have a simple base template with some very generic settings for our environment including security zones. So then I tried to assign a one to an interface in the other template for the ha pair and could not, it was not an option. Makes sense how would it know they are in the stack together.

Ok so I selected the stack. Now I am getting somewhere. I can override and see the zones but when I went to assign the zones to tunnels it doesn’t save. No error. The GUI just doesn’t save it, I select the zone on the tunnel and hit ok, and no zone. It two other tunnels let me.

I feel like I am fundementally missing something. Been playing with various template setups the last few days and came seem to get what I want.

Any thoughts?
1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Hi @bschaper

May be you found a bug with that tunnel-zone-problem, because panorama 8.1 is already pretty new and has a lot of bugs. So first I would recommend you to update to 8.1.1 and try again. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!