Global protect Always On - External connections

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L4 Transporter

Hello LIVE community!

I hope you are well.

I have had to configure Global Protect on several occasions but I have a question that I am being asked in this case:

Is it possible in S.O windows to use the Always On, filtering that only connects to GP when it detects the connection in an External way, home-office, cafe, client offices,etc, but when it is in the HQ, it does not connect to GP.

Is it feasible and what would be the important recommendations to consider to implement it?

Thanks

I remain attentive

Best regards

High Sticker
4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Are you referring to something like internal host detection? GP will do a lookup to see if a host resolves to determine if its internal or external.

Yes, something similar. Is there any way that only when this external connects and when this internal, does not connect, validate that this intenro but not connected to GP?

Thanks for your time and cooperation

High Sticker

Yes, that's what Internal Host Detection does. The name is generic but that's actually a feature in GP.

Advanced Internal Host Detection (paloaltonetworks.com)

Thanks @rmfalconer 

The best method for this is use pre logon always on that right ?

High Sticker
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!