global protect client unable to connect windows xp

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

global protect client unable to connect windows xp

L2 Linker

Hi Team 

can anyone help me with below issue

We are having an issue with Global protect VPN connections from the Windows XP operating system.
We can connect to the SSL VPN via the browser and download the Global protect client. But the issue is when you try to connect by entering the credential from the Global protect a client, it gives an error "unable to connect".

currennt versions 

Pan Os is 8.0.10

Global Protect version -3.1.4

We need to check whether there any compatibility issue with the PA Global Protect version and Windows XP OS.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@HemanthV,

The GP version you are running is too old for your platform. The minimum support GP version when running 8.0 is 4.0.0. Please update your GP version to a support version. 

I don't think GlobalProtect supports Windows XP - as per the below.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/global/compatibility-matrix/globalprotect/where-can-i...

@LukeBullimore,

That's because its XP and deserves a rightgeous death by fire 😉

GP no longer supports XP however, and 8.0 and 8.1 no longer support GP versions old enough to support XP. Kind of stuck between downgrading to 7.1 or simply telling the user that XP is no longer supported and therefore they won't be able to utilize the VPN agent. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!