Global Protect ios internal gateway no username?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect ios internal gateway no username?

L4 Transporter

I have internal gateways that are functioning normally with Windows and Macs.   New Ipads we are working with will recognize internal connection, and show "connected internal",  but I do not see a username come through in the logs.   I thought a username would come through just like any other device?  I am manually typing in a username/password, not tunneling internally.     Guessing you can do that, or is this app specifically looking for username certs?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Sec101 

Are you not seeing username for windows,mac and ios all users?

To see the username in traffic logs you need to  check mark tab name enable user identification in Zone where users connect.

Also i hope you have user id agent configured on the PA?

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Sec101 

To see the username in traffic logs you need to  check mark tab name enable user identification in Zone where users connect.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L0 Member

If you want to use GlobalProtect to provide a secure remote access or virtual private network (VPN) solution via single or multiple internal/external gateways, you do not need any GlobalProtect licenses. However, to use some of the more advanced features mcdvoice

@MP18 We do have the GP license, and all other computers are working normallly.  Macs/windows all work fine when internal and not tunneling.   However, If I connect an ipad internally, it shows "connected internal" - but no username comes through.    

It has to be something that is different with the global protect app and iOS, i'm just not sure what it would be, as they are literally on the same network that all the windows and macs are that user Global protect internally and work normally (report back username).

<a href="https://customersurveyreward.com/postalexperience-com-pos/">postalexperience</a>

https://customersurveyreward.com/postalexperience-com-pos/
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!