Global Protect portal authentication with LDAP fails

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect portal authentication with LDAP fails

L3 Networker

We have set up GP to authenticate against an AD server . User group mapping has done and u can pull the users . However, whenever you try to connect with one of the  users from the GP client or portal web page ,  you get authentication  fails message . Connecting with local db works fine . Any ideas ? I saw an article about spaces in the authentication profile . The profile has no space it is called localAD.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

4.1.8 .  Had to call TAC and they got to work . DN binding was incorrect and we missed the samaccountname under ldap authentication  profile .

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

L4 Transporter

Hi,

I don't know what the problem with LDAP against AD could be in your case, but for the same purpose I am using a Kerberos Server Profile and a Kerberos Authentiction Profile in order to authenticate GP users against our MS AD. It looks like this

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Maybe you can give it a try ?

Roland

Hello,

Upgraded the client to 1.2.1 now localdb doesn't work . I do get the cert error and allow it to import it

Did that and still doesnt work

Take small steps. Does localdb authentication work again ?

Yes . It does . I had to downgrade to 1.1.6 and use the original cert that was created when the box was deployed . Now I connect using local db , still no AD nor Kerberos connectivity

Which PANOS is running on your box ?

4.1.8 .  Had to call TAC and they got to work . DN binding was incorrect and we missed the samaccountname under ldap authentication  profile .

That's why I'm using Kerberos for authentication, it's much easier no fiddling around with bindings and samaccountnames etc.

I guess , we shall use Kerberos on other deployments

• 1 accepted solution
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!