Global Protect Windows 10 issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect Windows 10 issues

L4 Transporter

Hi folks.

I'm running into an annoying issue with some Windows 10 workstations and Global Protect.

Global protect will install, and run for an unspecified (and variable) time on a given workstation. Connected, working, no problems.

After some period of time, for no reason, it just won't connect. Sits at "Still Working" in the status box and never connects.

Currently running the latest V4 client (4.1.13), about to try installing the latest V5 client (5.0.5) to see if this helps - but I don't know why it's happening.

Debug logs show nothing of value.

Has anyone seen this before? The *only* common factor is that it appears to be specific to a certain model HP laptop - but I can't find any obvious driver issues which could be causing it, and Windows is fully up to date.

thanks for any straws I can grasp.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @darren_g 

I had quite a few issues like that in the past and troubleshooting was extremely timeconsuming without real splutions. So my advice is: Don't waste any more time (not even a few minutes) with troubleshooting with version 4.1. Update as soon as possible to version 5 - as you were already thinking about. At least all my "still working"-issues were solved already with 5.0.2.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hi @darren_g 

I had quite a few issues like that in the past and troubleshooting was extremely timeconsuming without real splutions. So my advice is: Don't waste any more time (not even a few minutes) with troubleshooting with version 4.1. Update as soon as possible to version 5 - as you were already thinking about. At least all my "still working"-issues were solved already with 5.0.2.

Yeah, the V5 upgrade seems to have worked - and I thought I'd deleted this to save wasting anyone's time any further - thanks for replying and confirming.

I hate Windows 10. 😞

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!