GlobalProtect agent download speed very slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect agent download speed very slow

L3 Networker

I am on a 3220 8.1.10 and agent version 5.0.5. Downloading the agent from the portal is very slow; usually less than 1M. Network, upload speeds, etc. checks out, so it appears to be just downloading the agent. Portal and gateway config is using loopback setup and non-standard ssl port.

This can be an issue when we have remote users on poor Internet connections - the agent download doesn't always complete. My connection is 100M and agent download speeds are still <1M.

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

@MikeSangray2019 - did you ever find a solution to this? I have been trying a number of things to try to fix this issue and haven't been able to find a solution. The agent downloads fine if I initiate the download after hours when no one is connected, but during the day it takes hours if it completes at all. The agent is such a small package that I don't understand why this would be.

I never found a solution, agent downloads are still slow.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!