GlobalProtect connection error "Could not connect to portal"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect connection error "Could not connect to portal"

L2 Linker

Hello,

We have 1 colleague is facing VPN connection issue, the VPN client is 4.0.3, PA OS is 8.0.3.

His certificates is valid and his colleague's VPN is working well, the same domain, the same VPN client version.

From his PC, is able to resolve the FQDN of portal. When he opens portal from broswer, his is able to download the agent after input AD credential.

But he just cannot connect to network via agent.

May I get some troubleshooting guidance from community?

Appreciate.

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

I cannot help much here as my first port of call would be try the browser....  but you already have...

you could check the client logs but when this happens to me I just see unable to connect to portal/gateway.

this does happen on rare occasions but the only resolve for me was to delete the users profile.

L1 Bithead

1) Uninstall the client:

Clean out the registry and Program directories:

Start -> run -> regedit.
     Remove the following key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Palo Alto Networks
     Remove the following key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Palo Alto Networks
     Delete the following folder/directory -C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks

Run the following command as an administrator from the windows cmd line: 

sc delete PanGPS

2) Reboot

3) Download and install / test again.

Thank you Andy,

I tried, but did not work.

We have some colleagus got same issue, including myself. We also get such error on iPhone client.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!